- What is the difference between org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver and com.mysql.jdbc.Driver?
- They are the same, the former extends the latter with nothing but a no-args constructor for backwards compatability.
- What is the difference between MySQL Connector/J 3.1.x and 5.0.x?
- The 5.0.x version has support for XA (distributed) transactions.
- Where can I find a reference guide for configuring the JDBC driver?
Thursday, February 22, 2007
I've spent some time reading about MySQL and the JDBC driver, and here are a few long-standing questions that I found the answer to: